IT Help Desk
Astute Network Technologies is a growing organization, we are a consulting company that deals with improving efficiency within small to midsize businesses via the use of technologies such as Public/ Private Cloud implementation and virtualization.
Astute is seeking an Intern to gain experience in the field of IT support. This is a part-time internship, and reports to the IT Manager and will work alongside with the existing IT staff. This is a great opportunity to learn how IT functions in a high tech atmosphere.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provides technical support and customer service via remote access, email, web and phone
• Troubleshoot, resolve software and hardware problems on behalf of employees
• Provides basic LAN and Windows/Apple problem solving for local and remote users
• Performs and assists with new hardware installation and upgrades
• Build, reconfigure, maintain, and repair Windows systems (desktops and laptops) for client and staff use
• Modification to network devices such as switches, routers, and cables
• Perform application installations, configurations and upgrades
• Stimulating environment that prepares the individual for a career in IT.
• Opportunities to gain experience in the fields of Network Security, Infrastructure Architecture Design, and System Management by working closely with the Astute Support Staff on current projects.
• Experience supporting Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook in an Exchange environment
• Customer service skills are a plus
• Great interpersonal skills
• Experience supporting mobile devices including iPhone and Android